Halleluiah--Praise the Lord! Starting on Sunday, May 17, 2020, we will resume our worship service and Sunday Bible Study at the Church! Bible Study will be at 10:15 a.m. (There will be no 9:45 a.m. opening exercises.), Worship service will be at 11 a.m. However, we must follow the Governor's mandates in Executive Order 61 at all times as follows:
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
Pursuant to Executive Order 61 (2020) of Governor Ralph S. Northam:
No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the Church or upon the church grounds. Please stay home if you are sick.
You are reminded to strictly follow social distancing and if you are at high risk from COVID-19. Please consider our online service as a possible option.
Our worship services must be limited to no more than 50% of the church’s seating capacity. Accordingly, no more than 60 people may attend any worship service. If more than 60 should appear, arrangements will be made to allow those in excess of 60 to attend a separate service.
Individuals attending our religious services must be at least six feet apart when seated and must practice proper physical distancing at all times. However, family members may be seated together.
Our seating had been marked in six-foot increments by blue strips of tape, so please chose one of the marked spots for your seat and try to stay seated as far as possible from anyone else.
All persons attending our worship services must strongly consider wearing face coverings over their nose and mouth at all times.
No items such as service bulletins or scripture handouts can be passed to or between persons in the congregation during this phase of combatting COVID-19.
We will conduct a thorough cleaning and disinfection of frequently contacted surfaces prior to and following any religious service.
You are urged to stay informed with local, state, and national officials using the links below:
- CDC’s main COVID-19 Web page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Virginia Department of Health COVID-19 Web page: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
- Virginia Governor’s COVID-19 Web page: https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
FOLLOW US ON THE CHURCH FACEBOOK PAGE:
- Pray for Cooper Munsey who is a young boy experiencing severe health problems following his bone marrow transplant.
- Pray for Brenda Cooke's mom, Rebecca, as she undergoes rehab in Orange.
- Pray for the Pastor's friend, Nita Stratton, who is being treated for cancer.
- The Pastor's daughter-in-law, Kristen, requests our prayers for her friend, Robert Hodson, who is battling a form of cancer.
- Pray for the Pastor's friend, Earl Thompson, as he contends with major surgeries and cancer treatments.
- Pray for Walter's health needs.
- Pray for Charles Shumate's mother and father for health needs.
- Pray for Ann Speh at the Gordon House.
- Pray of the Pastor's family-member, Karen Hicks, as she continues to contend with health needs.
- CHURCH TELEPHONE TREE: Our church telephone tree is up and running. If you have any prayer concerns that you would like to share with the members of the church please contact the pastor at 804-457-4873 in order that our members can be notified and can join in prayer. If you would like to be added to our telephone tree contact list, just let the pastor know your telephone number.